July 19th Code Word WINNER = DEREK BONDS
July 18th Code Word WINNER = JOHN BRIXEY
July 17th Code Word WINNER = LANSING BRECKINRIDGE
July 14th Code Word WINNER = JASON WISNER
July 13th Code Word WINNER = DEVIN ARNOLD
Oyster Eating Contest ~ 7:30 pm on Thursday, July 20, 2017 at Rolling River Bistro
Mark your calendars for the 1st Annual Oyster Eating Contest on Thursday, July 20 at 7:30pm, sponsored by 95 Country Morning Show and Rolling River Bistro. There will be a total of 6 contestants.
• 5 contestants will be selected by participating in the 95 Country Morning Show Radio challenge.
• 1 contestant will be randomly selected from the audience, just before the Contest begins.
How to Enter as a participant in the Oyster Eating Contest:
- On July 13, July 14, July 17, 18 and 19 – DJ “Rosco” of 95 Country’s Morning Show will direct listeners to rrbistro.com where a Code Word will be listed for each of these qualifying days – July 13, July 14, July 17, 18 and 19.
- Listeners will have one hour to “text the Code Word” to the 95 Country Text Line: 601-445-9500. Be sure to include your “contact information.”
Sample Code Words are:
3. One person will be randomly selected and contacted, each of the 5 qualifying days (July 13, 14, 17, 18 and 19). The selected participants’ names will also be posted to Facebook as they are selected.
4. One random person will be selected from the audience at 6:30 pm on the day of the Contest – July 20th.
Timeline for the event:
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Happy Hour at Rolling River Bistro
- Beer Specials: $10.00 Abita and Lazy Magnolia Pitchers while they last
- Oyster Specials: $10.00 dozen grilled or raw
- Prime Rib Pistolettes served with Horseradish & Au Jous
- Door Prizes given out every 30 minutes
- Live Music
5:30 pm – Oyster Shuck-Off Contest: Come watch Shucky “Natchez #1 Oyster Man” shuck all the oysters for 6 contestants.
- Join a wager-pool and guess “how long it will take” for Shucky to shuck all of the oysters for the Oyster Eating Competition.
6:30 pm – Select the 6th contestant
7:30 pm – Oyster Eating Competition begins
1st Place = $300.00 plus:
- “One Free Dozen Oysters per week” for 1 year, from Rolling River Bistro
- VIP Tour of the Lazy Magnolia Brewery for 2 people
- Two Night Stay on the Mississippi Gulf Coast
2nd Place = $150.00 plus:
- “One Free Dozen Oysters per week” for 6 months, from Rolling River Bistro
- VIP Tour of ABITA Brewery for 2 people
3rd Place = $ 50.00 plus:
- One Free Dozen Oysters per week for 3 months, from Rolling River Bistro
- All contestants will be asked to sign a waiver releasing all liability to all Sponsors and Rolling River Bistro to enter the contests.
- The contest will be for two minutes. Each contestant will consume as many oysters as they can in that time limit.
- Each contestant will have an “official” that will be responsible for counting each consumed oyster.
- Contestants must consume and retain each oyster for it to be “official.”
- Oysters will be given to each contestant in 2 dozen increments.
- There will be one “official” time keeper.
- One entry per person, per household.
Special Featured Entertainment ~ July 17 – July 22, 2017
Next door to the Rolling River Bistro at 408 Main St. is a very special room we call “THE 408” and it’s one of Natchez’s most desirable event rooms for meetings, weddings, receptions, banquets and special events. Food and beverage is handled by Rolling River Bistro Catering which is the most highly regarded catering and special event company in the greater Natchez area. With a qualified team of chefs, servers and event professionals, you can rest assured that your special occasion will exceed your expectations.
“The 408” room is perfect for a Natchez wedding rehearsal, a meeting, a banquet, a tour group meal, bridesmaids luncheon, a business meeting or other special function.
- Private dining receptions
- Group tours
- Bridge groups
- Private lectures and meetings
The 408 can accommodate for group up to 100 seated and 200 reception style. The 408 has a large 12 foot projection screen with HD projector. We offer full acoustic, musical, dance floor and audio visual capabilities. For more information about The 408, or call Rene’ Adams at her direct number 601-660-7300.
Contact Rene’ Adams – 601-660-7300
If you’re planning an event of any type, you can count on Rene’ Adams to handle your function professionally. Since 2007, Rene’ has planned and executed events in virtually every major venue in Natchez and quite literally, there is nothing that she has not seen.
Rene’ is a life-long resident of Natchez, a graduate of Copiah-Lincoln –Natchez and attended Delta State University. As a co-owner of the Natchez Specialties & Rolling River Bistro, Rene’ is a member of the Natchez Adams County Chamber of Commerce where she co-chairs the Natchez Tourism Council. She also is Co-Chair of the annual Natchez Food & Wine Festival. She is a proud supporter and member of the Historic Natchez Foundation, Friends of the Natchez Library, Christmas in Lights Committee, Krewe of Phoenix, Natchez Trials Committee, Natchez Little Theatre, Pilgrimage Garden Club, Friends of the Natchez Cemetery, Natchez Adams County Humane Society, the Mississippi Tourism Association, the Mississippi Broadcasters Association and National Association of Broadcasters.
In 2005, Rene’ was recognized by the Mississippi Business Journal in “Who’s Who in Mississippi Business” and received the 2006 “Woman of the Year” award presented by the Natchez Adams County Chamber of Commerce.
During her career, Rene’ saw the potential of “marketing Natchez” as a prospective wedding destination and partnered with other properties to make Natchez a great product which has proven to be successful. Rene’ is a firm believer that if you build your product, develop the proper tools, and treat those as if they were your family – THEY WILL COME. Natchez as a Wedding Destination has become a tremendous part of the tourism market.
To discuss your on-site or off-site special occasion, meeting or event, please call Rene’ direct at 601-660-7300.